Somers Engineering Ltd. Is an expert in the field of Concrete Fibers and has introduced Fibers in the Construction industry in the East & Central African Region for the past 30 years for the use in Ground supported slabs, external roads, pavements, driveways, sprayed concrete, precast, overlays, topping, tanks, pools and walls.
Features and Benefits
- Inhibits and controls the formation of intrinsic cracking in concrete
- Increases cohesion and reduces segregation
- Reduces settlement and bleeding
- Reduces plastic shrinkage and settlement cracking. Replacement for typical light gauge welded wire reinforcement depending on application.
- Increases impact and shatter resistance
- Reinforces against abrasion
- Reduces freeze/thaw damage
- Provides durability
- Alternative system to traditional reinforcement when used for secondary (crack control reinforcing in concrete)